La Llorona

Drifting in and out of here or there

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Farther

I can smell blood today, I think it drifts from the past across the ocean from the lands of my fathers and mothers where war and damage were par for the course. I can smell blood in the river bosque where distant memories put me on horseback although I no longer know what is a horse. Cottonwood trees even set my drifting aside because teh ancients are becoming more real than today to my floating existance.
But where are my children.
Anna so brown, so dark and laughing. Not shy with her hair in bright ribbons and black braids. And Andreas with his big eyes and eyelashes to the sky and liquid tears which never fell to his cheeks but set the reflection of the moon off.
Where are my children? Where are my children?
I can smell blood today.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:49 AM, Blogger Still Searching said…

    Sounds dark and mysterious!

    I read couple of your earlier posts too, and really liked the one called "If I were".. nice..

     

Post a Comment

<< Home